Last Updated: 09th June 2021
The Trustee for the Surfers Sunrise Wheelchair Trust
(hereafter called ‘Wheelchair Trust)
This organization uses Wordpress for its website and database management software and to publish its website, maintain its database, and send email communications.
How Will We Collect Personal Information?
You are under no obligation to disclose any personal information to us at any time. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, whenever you participate in any interactive features of the Services such as filling out a form, requesting customer support, sending us an email, or calling us. In the process you may be asked to give your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and any other information you choose to provide for the purpose of these Services. We or a designated third party may collect payment and credit card information when you make a donation, subscribe to our services or purchase additional goods or services.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
Our site uses "cookies" which are small files containing pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can set your browser to block them. Our cookies can contain information such as your user ID that our website uses to recognize you. Our cookies can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. The only personal information our cookies contain is the information you provide yourself. When you enter personal information on our website, your personal information will be linked to the cookie we save on your computer. If you do choose to delete your cookie, you may not be able to use the administrative features of the website.
We use Google Analytics to track how visitors interact with our website, analyse where traffic is generated from and collect information related to general site engagement.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, customize, and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events offered by The Wheelchair Trust and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
You may receive automatically-generated emails from The Wheelchair Trust that are triggered when you perform certain tasks such as making a donation, registering for an event, volunteering for a task, subscribing to a bulletin, or requesting a forgotten password.
You have the option to unsubscribe from receiving these emails by notifying us on email@example.com or by selecting an ‘Unsubscribe’ link where applicable.
How Is Your Personal Information Protected?
We also understand your concerns about online security and take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
How Do We Disclose or Share Your Information?
When you voluntarily provide The Wheelchair Trust with personally identifiable information online, that information is kept within Surfers Sunrise Rotary Club Inc or the Wheelchair Trust family of web site(s) and will not be sold, rented or otherwise traded to any third party.
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of The Wheelchair Trust or others;
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
The Wheelchair Trust employs other companies and people to provide functions that form part of our Services, for example, email sending, social media sharing, payment processing, help desk software, etc. The Wheelchair Trust has made and continues to make efforts to ensure all its sub-processors comply with our privacy policies. For a list of The Wheelchair Trust's sub-processors, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Update or Delete Your Personal Information
You may, at any time, request to update or permanently delete any of your personal information, by contacting the Wheelchair Trust at email@example.com.
Upon request, The Wheelchair Trust will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If you provide us with your personal information, you have the following rights:
- To request a review the personal information we have stored;
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions;
- To unsubscribe from being contacted by us; and
- To have your information permanently deleted.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
If you have any questions please contact The Surfers Sunrise Wheelchair Trust, P O Box 6695, Gold Coast Mail Centre QLD 9726, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note On Jurisdiction
The Wheelchair Trust is a privately held Charity, registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission (ACNC). Click here to view details on the ACNC website. Consequently, by using our Services you agree that in all matters relating to this web site(s) you shall be governed by the laws of the State of Queensland, as applicable, and further, that you submit to the jurisdiction of the State of Queensland.